What is a trend?
Cubeyou+ Trends show you how interactions related to brands, media, influencers change over a specific time period. This number will help you understand how your audience is changing its attitude and interests. Remember Cubeyou's trends are referred specifically to the audience you are analyzing, they are not telling you what's trending overall, but what's trending for your audience.
Cubeyou gives you insights on brands/media/influencers trending over the following time periods:
- Month: what is trending this month compared to the previous month
- Quarter: what is trending this quarter compared to the previous quarter
- Semester (6mo): what is trending this semester compared to the previous semester
Where to Find Trends
You can see what is trending both in the summaries or in the Influencers and Interests Insights.
To get more detail and access trends within a Summary you can either click on "See more about this topic" below the graph or table or leverage the categories drop-down at the top left to access the specific section you'd like to explore.
When analyzing under Summaries, Influence, or Interest insights, you will be able to view trends by clicking "Trending" for any table. Also, by clicking the star button, you can add it to any summary that you have saved.
How to Read Trends
1) Trend: tells you how much engagement has been growing around a specific interest for your audience. For example, engagement has increased by 82.53% for Arby's compared to the previous quarter. Positive trends are highlighted in green, while negative trends are red.
2) Average: tells you how much engagement has been growing around that interest for the average American population. 78.56% for Arby's.
3) Affinity: tells you how much more a specific interest is trending for your audience compared to the average American. When Affinity is above 1 the brand/media/celebrity is trending more in your audience compared to the average American. If the index is below 1 the brand/media/celebrity is trending less in your audience compared to how much it's trending overall.
So Arby's is trending 1.02 times more with this audience this quarter than it is with the Average American.
How to Add Trends to Your Dashboard
If you are editing an existing summary or building your own custom summary from scratch you can always add a trend table or graph to it. Here are the steps you have to follow:
1) Click the star button on the graph or chart you would like to add
2) Either select an existing custom summary you would like to add the graph or chart to, or click 'New Custom Summary' to create a new custom summary
3) Find your custom summary in the summaries tab